Podis like Parppu podi, Coconut podi and Curry leaves podi are a boon to our kitchen. When we are unwell and we are lazy to cook, we can use this powders. Just keep some hot rice and our work will be over. My mother used to make paruppu podi at home with toor dhal. This is a variation of it with garlic and fried gram ( Pottukadalai). When this powder is mixed with hot white rice along with melted ghee, it tastes awesome.
Garlic Paruppu Podi
- Fried Gram Pottukadalai – 1 cup heaped
- Red chillies – 10 to 12
- Salt – 1 tsp. or as needed
- Garlic – 8 flakes
- Ghee or Oil – 2 tsp.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan and fry red chillies, garlic and chutney dhal for 3 minutes.
- Powder it in a mixer along with salt.
- Preserve it in an airtight container.
- You can take this paruppu podi with hot steamed rice