This is a dish of Andhra. When I went to a friend’s place, she prepared this in her home. It was very tasty and immediately I got the recipe and tried this at home. Everyone liked the dish very much and from then on it is a regular dish in our home. For making this dish you have to chose small tender brinjals.
Stuffed Brinjal / Eggplant Curry – Andhra Style
- Small Brinjals / Eggplants - 7 or 8
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp.
- Dhania Powder - 1 tsp.
- Grated Coconut - 1 tbsp.
- Garlic - 3 pods
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Garam Masala - ½ tsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp. or as needed
- Tamarind - Small lemon sized
- Oil - 2 tbsp.
- In a mixer, take all the ingredients except brinjal and grind to a fine paste by adding little water.
- Clean and wash the brinjals and slit the bottom part into four. Do not remove the top stem.
- Slowly stuff the ground masala into the brinjals. There will be some masalas remaining.
- Take oil in a pan and slowly add the stuffed brinjal and fry in medium flame till the brinjals become soft.
- Now add the remaining masala and half cup of water and cook till oil oozes out and it thickens. Cook in a medium flame.
- Your spicy and tasty stuffed brinjal curry is ready.
My other Brinjal Recipes are: