Monsoons for some reasons have its own special space in India. It is the time of the year when people love to experiment with snacking recipes for their families and friends. Bhajiyas and pakodas paired with masala chai have been the all-time favorite. This rainy season, Chef Gaurav Chadha, In-house Chef, Dr. Oetker India Pvt. Ltd. has crafted some innovative recipes to help you create delectable restaurant style snacking recipes at home.
Macaroni with Creamy Corn and Nachos
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
1 tbsp Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
1 Onion (small. Chopped)
50 g Corns Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
100 ml Hot Pasta Stock
60 g Dr. Oetker FunFoods Mayonnaise Veg
(4 Tbsp) 120 g Macaroni (Boiled)
20 – 25 g Nachos
(8-10 pcs., Jalapeno flavour)
50 g Cheese (Processed, grated)
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan (low flame) add garlic, onion and cook for 30 seconds or until onion, gets caramelize. Add corn and sauté for 1 minute. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta stock to above vegetables and stir. Take the pan away from flame, add mayonnaise and stir well. Bring it back to flame and let it simmer for 1 minute or until sauce thickens.
- Add pasta to above sauce and toss well.
- For Assembling- Place nachos around the plate, add above pasta in the middle and sprinkle cheese on top. Serve.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 90 Minutes
350 g Maida (White Flour)
5 g Dried Yeast (1tsp.)
5 g Salt (1tsp.)
2 1/2 g Sugar (1/2tsp.)
150 ml Water
15 ml Olive Oil
70 g Onions (1 small, chopped)
70 g Tomatoes (1 small, chopped)
70 g Red Bell Peppers (1 small, chopped)
70 g Yellow Bell Peppers (1 small, chopped)
70 g Green Bell Peppers (1 small,chopped)
10 g Green Chillies (2-3, chopped)
60 g Dr. Oetker FunFoods Salsa (4tbsp.)
60 g Mozarella Cheese (grated)
15 ml Vegetable Oil (1tbsp.)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- For the filling: Saute onions, tomatoes and capsicums in oil for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp and soft from inside.
- In a bowl sift maida, add yeast, salt, sugar and water. Knead with hands to make dough.
- Place the dough on the working surface then briefly knead it while gradually adding oil until soft dough is formed.
- Cover the dough with a thin kitchen cloth and leave for 45 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Remove from heat and add in a bowl. Stir in salsa and green chillies.
- Make four balls of equal size from the dough and roll out in approx. 8inch dia. spread to make the calzone crust.
- Spread the filling in the center and sprinkle cheese on the filling. Fold top of the calzone crust into a half moon shape and seal the edges by crimping them with a fork.
- Place the calzones on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until base of the calzone is slightly brown in colour. Serve hot.
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 medium Carrot, grated
1 medium Onion, sliced
4-5 Coriander Leaves, chopped
100 g Rice, boiled
1 medium Potato, boiled and grated
2 tbsp Refined Flour
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
50 g (3 tbsp) Dr. Oetker FunFoods Veg Mayonnaise Original
Black Pepper Powder
30 ml Water
2 tsp Refined Vegetable Oil
Chopped spring onion for plating
- In a bowl add carrot, onion, coriander leaves, rice, potato, refined flour, red chilli powder, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper powder and water. Mix well until smooth mixture is formed.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan (medium flame). Spread 2 tbsp of above mixture and cook from both sides till golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter and serve hot.