Bajra or Pearl Millet is rich in protein, fibre, phosphorous, magnesium and iron. Due to this, Pearl Millet has many health benefits. As it is rich in fibre, it tends to digest slowly and release glucose at a slower rate as compared to other foods. So this is very good for people with diabetes as it helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. As the high fiber content in bajra leads to a feeling of fullness for a prolonged period of time, it helps in weight loss. Regularly consuming products with bajra can help prevent the development of breast cancer in premenopausal women.
The high content of magnesium present in bajra controls blood pressure, whereas niacin lowers the blood cholesterol level. This will help in reducing the chances of heart diseases. Also, the antioxidants present in bajra prevents heart diseases.
Bajra / Kambu Bonda
- Bajra Flour - 1 cup
- Gram Flour - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 4 chopped finely
- Ginger - 1 inch piece grated finely
- Curry Leaves - a handful chopped finely
- Salt - 1 tsp. or as needed
- Asafoetida - ¼ tsp.
- Water - for mixing the dough
- Oil - for deep frying the bondas
- Mix all the ingredients except oil in a vessel. Make the dough in such a way that it is neither too thick nor waters. It should be easy to pinch and make small balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and slowly add small small balls of the dough and fry both sides well till the bonda turns golden brown in colour.
- Remove the bondas and strain and serve with the chutney of your choice.
The ingredients are health based but these are deep fried so contain bad fats. Therefore according to me these will help in weight gain instead of weight loss if consumed regularly. I think once in a while in limited quantity is fine.
But you can give them to kids instead of other snacks
Sorry to say but I wud not give fried things too often to kids too.
I will give to my son. But it’s your decision.
No absolutly not
Of course, with due respect, it’s ur ultimate decision n u know better what is good or bad for ur child.
Kambu / Bajra / Pearl Millet Adai | Hema's Kitchen
[…] Kambu / Bajra Bonda […]
Mysore Bonda / Ulutham Paruppu Bonda | Hema's Kitchen
[…] Bajra Bonda / Kambu Bonda […]