This is a diabetic friendly cutlet made with channa dhal and cabbage with the spices like cumin seeds and mint which makes the cutlet taste good. As this cutlet is cooked I minimal oil, it is good for diabetics. This cutlet should be taken hot then only it will taste better.
Cabbage And Channa Cutlet
- Channa Dhal - 1 cup
- Cabbage - 1 cup chopped finely
- Mint Leaves - 3 tbsp.
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp.
- Curd - 2 tbsp.
- Gram Flour Besan - ¼ cup
- Salt - 1 tsp. or as needed
- Oil - for shallow frying the cutlet
- Soak channa dhal for 2 hours and rain and grind with green chillies mint leaves, turmeric powder and cumin seeds by adding little water.
- Now take this mixture in a bowl and add gram flour, curd and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 or 7 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a dosa pan or non-stick tawa and add little oil.
- Flatten a portion of the channa dhal mixture and gently keep in the tawa and add some more oil.
- Cook both sides well till it becomes golden brown.
- Remove from the tawa and serve hot with your favourite chutney or sauce.