Generally we make masala vadai using channa dhal. As there was some red soya bean sprouts at home, I thought of making sprout vadai and it came out very well. During this summer holiday, we can make healthy vadai like this and give to kids. Surely they will enjoy.
Red Soya Beans Sprout Masala Vadai
- Red Soya Bean Sprouts - 1 cup
- Channa Dhal - ½ cup
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Salt - 1 tsp. or as needed
- Red Chillies - 6 or 7
- Curry Leaves - a handful
- Oil - for deep frying
- Clean and soak channa dhal for 2 hours.
- Grind the channa dhal along with soya sprouts, red chillies and salt to a coarse paste.
- Now take the ground mixture in a vessel and add finely chopped onion and curry leaves to it and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and take small amout of the mixture and flatten it by touching in water and gently drop into the hot oil.
- Fry both sides till the vada is cooked and turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain the vadas and serve hot with chutney of your choice.