We make lots of recipes using methi leaves but this is a very interesting recipe which I got from one of the food groups and when I tried it, it came out very well. From now on I will make this kuzhambu regularly at home as it is liked by everyone. Thanks to Suganthi Vishwa for sharing this recipe.
Methi Leaves (Venthaya Keerai) Kuzhambu
- Methi Leaves - a bunch
- Chopped Onion - 1 cup
- Garlic - 10 flakes
- Gingelly Oil - 1 ladle
- Tamarind - a lemon sized
- Grated Coconut - from half coconut
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp.
- Dhania Seeds - 3 tsp.
- Red Chillies - 6
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp.
- Salt - as needed
- Wash and clean the greens and chop finely and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat 1 teaspoon of oil and roast red chillies, dhania seeds and cumin seeds and powder them finely and keep aside.
- Grind grated coconut and tamarind to a fine paste and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters add chopped onions and garlic and fry till raw smell goes and onions become transparent.
- Now add chopped keerai and fry till it cooks well.
- With this you can add both the ground mixtures, salt and half cup water and cook in medium flame till the kuzhambu gets thicker.
- Now you can switch off the stove and serve hot with hot steamed rice.