Another way of using Jackfruit seeds are to make Jackfruit Seeds Kuzhambu. This is a simple and tasty kuzhambu which can be made easily. Yesterday, I made jackfruit seeds kuzhambu at home which is my mother’s recipe. With lots of helth benefits this kuzhambu is a must try recipe.
Jackfruit Seeds / Palakottai Kuzhambu
- Jackfruit Seeds / Palakottai - 15
- Onion - 1
- Tamarind - small lemon sized
- Gingelly Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp.
- Ured Dhal - 1 tsp.
- Channa Dhal - 1 tsp.
- Fenugreek Seeds - ¼ tsp.
- Curry Leaves - a handful
- Asafoetida - ¼ tsp.
- Salt - as needed
- Sambar Powder - 2 tsp.
- If the jackfruit seeds are tender, you can remove the outer skin easily and cut into half. Otherwise pressure cook jackfruit seeds and cool them and remove the skin and cut into half.
- Soak tamarind in warm water for 10 minutes and take the tamarind extract and keep aside.
- Cut the onions finely and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters add the ured and channa dhals and fry for a minute in medium flame.
- Now add fenugreek seeds and asafoetida and fry for a second.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Now add the cooked jackfruit seeds, tamarind extract, 1 cup of water, sambar powder and salt and boil till the kuzhambu thickens in low flame.
- You can now switch off the flame and garnish with curry leaves.
- Serve hot with hot steamed rice.
Some other kuzhambu recipes are