Soya bean sprouts, which are germinated soya beans have a delicate, distinctive flavor and provide a variety of essential nutrients. Soya bean is rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals and insoluble fibre. Soya bean sprouts are a source of zinc, a mineral essential for proper sense of smell, immune function and wound healing. Soya bean sprouts provide the B vitamin, folate, which is essential for the synthesis of DNA and red blood cells.
Yesterday I made sundal using home sprouted soya beans. I thought of sharing the recipe here.
Soya Bean Sprout Sundal
- Soya Beans - 1 cup
- Salt - 1 tsp. or as needed
- Oil - 2 tsp.
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp.
- Ured Dhal - 1 tsp.
- Curry Leaves - a handful
- Red Chillies - 4 broken into two or three
- Asafoeida - ¼ tsp.
- Water - 1 cup
- Wash soya beans and soak in enough water for 8 hours.
- Now drain the water and keep in a casserole for 8 to 10 hours.
- When you open the casserole, you can see the sprouted beans.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Now add ured dhal and asafetida and fry till the ured turns red.
- Add curry leaves and broken red chillies and fry for a minute.
- Now add the sprouted soya beans, water and salt and cook till the soya is cooked well and water is dried up.
- Your simple and healthy Sprouted soya sundal is ready.