Mushroom is one of my favorite which I make regularly. The antioxidant content in mushrooms are very high which gets rid of free radicals, a type of chemical that can harm a person’s body cells, that leads to cancer. Mushrooms are rich in B vitamins which help the body to get energy from food, and they help form red blood cells. Mushrooms are also the only vegan, non-fortified dietary source of vitamin D.
Here are some tips for buying mushrooms:
- When buying mushrooms, you have to choose ones that are firm and dry.
- Avoid mushrooms that appear slimy or withered.
- Store mushrooms in the refrigerator and do not wash or trim them until ready for use.
- Button Mushrooms - 200 g.
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp.
- Garlic Cloves - 8
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp.
- Salt - ½ tsp. or as needed
- Oil - 3 tbsp.
- Onion - 1
- Curry Leaves - few
- Wash and clean the mushrooms and cut lengthwise.
- Cut the onions and garlic into fine pieces.
- In a pan, heat oil and add the cut garlic pieces till the raw smell goes.
- Now add the curry leaves and cut onions and fry till the onions become transparent.
- Add pepper powder and turmeric powder and mix well for a minute.
- Now add the chopped mushroom and fry till the mushrooms cook well. No need to add water.
- When it is cooked well, remove from the stove and serve hot with cooked rice.
For other mushroom recipes see the following link.