Kosambari or Moong dhal salad is one of the healthiest salad made during festival time. For this, we have to first soak moong dhal in water and then drain the water and add other ingredients to make and healthy salad. This is a very simple salad to make. This is a traditional salad made in Tamilnadu.
Vellarikkai Kosambari / Cucumber Moong Dhal Salad
- Moong dhal - ½ Cup
- Cucumber - 1
- Green chillies - 2
- Grated coconut - ¼ cup
- Coriander leaves - a handful
- Lemon juice - from 1 lemon
- Salt - as needed or ½ tsp.
- Oil - 1 tsp.
- Mustard Seeds - ¼ tsp.
- Curry leaves - a few
- Wash and soak moong dhal in water for 15 minutes.
- Now drain the water and keep.
- Peel the cucumber and chop finely and add to soaked moong dhal.
- Chop green chillies finely and coriander leaves finely and add to this.
- Mix grated coconut, salt and lemon juice to this.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add curry leaves and fry for a second and add this to the salad and mix well.
- Your tasty and healthy kosambari is ready to be served.
Try this Sweet Corn Pineapple Kosambari.