Mushroom Methi Brown Rice is a very healthy recipe which is rich in fiber and protein with the goodness of methi. This recipe was given by Ms Radhika Ragi, Dietitian, Apollo Sugar Clinics,Hyderabad. It is a very interesting recipe. Tried this recipe and it came out very well.
Brown rice is produced by removing only the outermost layer called hull thus maintaining the nutritional value of the rice. Brown rice is an excellent source of manganese, and a good source of selenium, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, and niacin (vitamin B3). Mushrooms have many health benefits. The impact of mushrooms on immunity is remarkable. They have the power to improve eyesight, hearing, migraine headaches, tumors, circulation, impotency and infections.
Mushroom Methi Brown Rice
- Brown Rice - 1 cup
- Button Mushrooms - 200 g. thinly sliced
- Fenugreek Leaves - 1 cup chopped
- Onions - 2 finely chopped
- Tomatoes - 2 finely chopped
- Green Chillies - 3 slit lengthwise
- Garlic Cloves - 5 chopped
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp.
- Dhania Powder - 2 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp.
- Salt - as needed or 1 tsp.
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Rinse brown rice twice. Soak in water for about30 minutes.
- Drain the rice from water and add 2-1/2 cup clean water to soaked rice in a pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat oil. Add garlic and sauté till raw smell of garlic is gone.
- Add finely chopped onions and green chilies, sauté until onions turn translucent.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cool till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well. Cook of 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add button mushroom and cook for about 2 to3 minutes. Mushrooms will release moisture, cook it in its own moisture.
- Add finely chopped fresh fenugreek leaves and cook for another 3 minutes.
- When mushrooms and fenugreek leaves are fully cooked, add cooked brown rice and gently mix it.
- Serve Mushroom Methi Brown Rice along with Tomato Onion Cucumber Raita, or any other raita of your choice.