Pudhina or mint leaves are very beneficial for one’s health. With very good smell this leaves refreshes us once we smell it. It has lots of medicinal uses. It is very good for stomach and helps in curing indigestion and upset stomach. It is one of the leaves that has highest antioxidant capabilities. It is also used to treat against cold and cough.
Pudhina / Mint Kuzhambu
- Mint or Pudhina leaves - a bunch
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Tamarind - small lemon sized
- Red chillies - 4
- Fenugreek seeds - ¼ tsp.
- Dhania seeds - 1 tsp.
- Black pepper - 1 tsp.
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp.
- Salt - as needed or 1 tsp.
- Oil - 3 tsp.
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp.
- Clean and wash pudhina leaves and keep aside.
- Soak tamarind in little warm water and take tamarind extract.
- Cut onion and tomato into fine pieces.
- In a pan, heat a teaspoon of oil and when the oil gets heated then add the cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds,black pepper, coorinder seeds, red chilli and fry them in the oil till its color changes to light brown. Keepin low flame.
- Now add the chopped onion and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Add the chopped tomato and fry till it becomes soft.
- Now add the mint leaves and fry till it shrinks of for 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- When it cools down, grind to a smooth and fine paste.
- In a pan, heat the remaining oil and add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard splutters, add the tamarind extract and boil till raw smell of tamarind goes.
- Now add the ground pudhina paste and add some water and boil in low flame till the kuzhambu thickens.
- Now your pudhina or mint kuzhambu is ready to serve.
- Serve this kuzhambu with hot steaming rice.