During Diwali Festival, our home is filled with sweets and snacks. My mother used to make different types of snacks at home and we used to have fun. Usually we make murukku, thattai, ribbon pakoda, etc. For a change I made murukku using ragi flour and it came out very well.
Ragi / Finger Millet Murukku
- Ragi Flour - 1 cup
- Rice Flour - ½ cup
- Gram Flour - ¼ cup
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp.
- Butter or Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - as needed
- Water - for mixing the dough
- Oil - for deep frying
- Add all the ingredients in a vessel except water and mix well.
- Slowly add in water and knead to a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Take the murukku press and use thenkuzhal achu.
- Press murukkus in hot oil and cook on both sides well till the sound in the oil goes.
- Drain the murukku and allow it to cool down.
- Store it in a air tight container.
- Your tasty Ragi Murukku is ready for this festival.
For Similar Recipes, see below link