FunFoods, a leading provider of western sauces in India has come up with some interesting recipes this festive season from its Creative Kitchen. Try out these recipes and have fun.
Herb Rice with Vegetable Skewers and Tomato Mustard Sauce
Chef Gaurav Chadha, Dr. Oetker FunFoods, Creative Kitchen
Preparation time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
1 medium Onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
¼ medium Red, Green and Yellow Capsicum, cut into 1 inch cubes
3 small Button Mushroom, cut into 4 pieces and boiled
100 g Broccoli florets, boiled
75g (4tbsp) Dr. Oetker FunFoods Pesto Rosso Pasta Sauce
4 long wooden Skewers, soaked in water
3 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 tsp Thyme, dry
100 g Rice, boiled
1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
1 tbsp Dr. Oetker FunFoods American Mustard
1 tbsp Cream
- For vegetable skewers: In a bowl add onion, peppers, mushroom, broccoli, 3 tbsp pesto rosso sauce and mix well. Place vegetables alternatively in skewers and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For rice: Heat oil in a nonstick pan (low flame) add garlic, thyme, rice, salt, parsley and sauté for a minute. Keep it aside.
- For sauce: Heat sauce pan (low flame) add remaining pesto rosso sauce, mustard, cream, salt, pepper and cook for a minute or till it thickens.
- In a non-stick pan (low flame) add remaining olive oil and grill skewers from both sides till light brown in colour.
- Serve skewers with rice and sauce.
Khatta Meetha Chicken Kebab
Chef Ranveer Brar, Dr. Oetker FunFoods, Creative Kitchen
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
50 g (3 tbsp) Dr. Oetker FunFoods Veg Mayonnaise
2 tsp Tamarind Pulp
1 tbsp Dr. Oetker FunFoods Tandoori Mayonnaise
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 tbsp Roasted Gram Flour
¼ each Red, Yellow & Green Bell Pepper, de-seeded and cubed
1 medium Onion, cubed
150 gm Boneless Chicken, diced
- For marination: In a bowl, add veg mayonnaise, tamarind pulp, tandoori mayonnaise, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, garam masala powder, salt and gram flour. Mix well until smooth mixture is formed.
- In above marination add bell peppers, onion, chicken and mix well. Place chicken and vegetables alternatively in skewers and keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C. Place skewers in oven and cook for 10- 12 minutes or till cooked.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin
By Chef Gaurav Chadha, Dr. Oetker FunFoods, Creative Kitchen
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1 tbsp Butter
1 small Onion, chopped
60 g (4tbsp) Dr. Oetker FunFoods Pasta Alfredo with Cheese
50 ml Full Cream Milk
Black Pepper Powder
1 small Cauliflower florets, boiled
1 small Broccoli florets, boiled
1 tbsp Bread Crumb
50 g Processed Cheese, grated
5-6 Parsley Leaves, chopped
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan add onion, alfredo sauce and milk. Stir and cook till sauce thickens. Use salt and pepper as seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place cauliflower and broccoli in a baking dish, pour the prepared sauce on top. Sprinkle bread crumbs and cheese. Bake it in oven for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Enjoy this Diwali by making these interesting recipes at home.