Ragi Mudde is one of the healthiest food that is made in Karnataka. After we moved to Banglore, I had a chance of having this delicious balls. Then one of my friend taught me to make ragi balls at home. From then on I prepare them once a week for lunch.
Ragi Mudde / Finger Millet Balls
- Ragi Powder / Finger Millet - 2 cups
- Cooked Rice - 1/4 cup
- Water - 4 cups
- Salt - As needed or 1 tsp.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, heat water with salt.
- When the water boils add the ragi powder and mix vigourously without forming lumps.
- When the dough becomes thick, remove from flame.
- Sprinkle cooked rice and mix well. You can also avoid adding rice.
- After 10 minutes, wet your hands with water and make balls and keep aside.
- Your healthy Ragi mudde is ready to be served.