Methi or fenugreek leaves are very healthy greens. Fenugreek is good for reducing cholesterol and blood sugar. We can cook fenugreek leaves in many ways. Fresh methi leaves are used to make methi leaves pulav. If you feel that the methi leaves are bitter you can add little salt in methi leaves and then squeeze and use.
Methi / Fenugreek Pulav
- Basmati Rice or Raw Rice - 1 Cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp.
- Cloves - 2
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 inch piece
- Cardamom - 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp.
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Onion - 1 medium chopped finely
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Dhania Powder - 1 tsp.
- Cumin Powder - ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp.
- Methi or Fenugreek Leaves - a bunch cleaned and chopped
- Cook the rice and cool and separate the grains by adding 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Wash and clean methi leaves and chop them well.
- Chop the onion, tmato and green chilly.
- In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds change in colour add bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, cloves and cardamom.
- After half a minute
- Then add ginger garlic paste and chopped green chilies. Cook for 30-40 seconds or till the raw smell of ginger-garlic goes away.
- Then add chopped onions and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook till tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Now add chopped methi leaves and mix it well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and salt and mix well.
- Methi Pulav is ready to be served.