Button mushroom is a rich source of Vitamin D. It is rich in anti-oxidant and reduces cholesterol. Today I am posting kurma made of mushrooms.
Mushroom and Baby corn Kurma
Button mushrooms is a rich source of Vitamin D. It is rich in anti-oxidant and reduces cholesterol. Today I am posting kurma made of mushrooms.
- Mushroom - 200 g. chopped lengthwise
- Baby Corn - 10 chopped into 1 inch pieces
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Tomatoes - 2 finely chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves finely chopped
- Ginger Chilli paste - ½ tsp.
- Red Chilli powder - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - as needed
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp.
- Cumin Powder - 1 tbsp.
- Coriander Powder - 1 tbsp.
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp.
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp.
- Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Ured Dhal - 1 tbsp.
- Channa Dhal - 1 tbsp.
- Grated Coconut - ½ cup
- Cashew nuts - 8
- Curry Leaves - a handful
- Heat oil in a pan and add channa dhal and Ured dhal. Roast them until dal gets light brown in colour.
- Add curry leaves, cashew and cook it for a minute over a medium to low heat. Add coconut and mix well. Switch off the flame. Don’t cook it for long time, it may burn. Let them cool down.
- Take this roasted mixture into blender, grind it in to a very smooth paste using 1 cup water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When it splutters, add ginger-chilli paste, garlic and curry leaves and cook them for half a minute.
- Now add chopped tomato, chopped onion and cook them for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Then add mushroom, corn and salt and mix well.
- Now add ½ cup of water, cover it with lid and cook them for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat till mushroom are cooked well.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin and coriander powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Now add prepared ground coconut paste and mix well.
- Keep in simmer for 5 minutes over medium to low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Add kasuri methi at the end and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Tasty mushroom and baby corn kurma is ready to be served.