This is a simple curry which is served with sambar rice or rasam rice. This Tamilnadu recipe is very easy to make. This high fiber vegetable is known for its high soluble and insoluble fiber content. This vegetable is usually used in many recipes and is also a part of many nutritional diets as it is highly beneficial.
The dietary fiber content of an Okra/lady finger is known to be high and hence many health specialists recommend it for digestive benefits.
Vendaikkai / Ladies finger Fry
- Ladies finger - ¼ kg.
- Salt - as needed
- Turmeric Powder - ¼ tsp.
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp.
- Oil - 2 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp.
- Ured dhal - ¼ tsp.
- Clean and wash the ladies finger and pat dry. Let it dry for some time.
- Now cut into thin slices after cutting the edges.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add ured dhal and fry till it becomes light golden.
- Now add ladies finger, turmeric powder, salt and chilli powder and mix well.
- Keep in low flame and fry till it becomes crisp.
- Do not mix too often.
- Switch off the stove and serve with rice.
- Before cooking, thoroughly wash and rinse whole ladies finger well with water.
- Then pat it dry completely, using a dry towel.
- Leave it for some time to dry completely.
- Now you can cook in any way you want. This makes the ladies finger less slimy while cooking.