Yesterday, I went to a marriage function in Bangalore. There they served a special dish called Sweet Corn Kosambari. It was very appealing to see and the taste was also very good. So I asked about the recipe and tried making it at home. Everyone liked it. It is very healthy salad which can be made very easily.
Sweet Corn Pineapple Kosambari
- Sweet Corn Kernels - 2 cups
- Baby Corn - 1 cup grated
- Pineapple - 1 cup cut into very small pieces
- Green Chillies - 3 or chopped finely
- Grated Coconut - ½ cup
- Coriander Leaves - ¼ cup chopped finely
- Lemon Juice - from 1 lemon optional
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tsp.
- Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp.
- In a bowl, mix sweet corn, pineapple pieces, coriander leaves, chopped green chillies, grated coconut, salt and lemon juice .
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add this to the kosambari and mix well.
- Mix well and serve. This is a very healthy salad.
- If you want, you can add pomegranate and apple also.