It was a very big surpise for me today morning. As I woke up, my son was in the kitchen preparing some dishes to surprise me on Mother’s Day. He had prepared Sambar and Drumstick potato curry. So I thought of sharing the recipe of Potato Drumstick curry.
|Potato||– 1 big or 2 medium sized|
|Onion||– 1 (chopped finely)|
|Tomatoes||– 2 (chopped finely)|
|Garlic||– 6 cloves crushed|
|Oil||– 3 tsps.|
|Mustard seeds||– ½ tsp.|
|Fennel seeds or Sombu||– 1 tsp.|
|Red chilli powder||– 1 tsp.|
|Jeera powder||– 1 tsp.|
|Turmeric powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Salt||– as needed or 1 tsp.|
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add fennel seeds.
- When it becomes slight brown add chopped onions and crushed garlic and fry till the onions turn light brown.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and jeera powder.
- Fry till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Now add the chopped drumsticks and potatoes and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add a cup of water and let this cook in medium flame till the drumsticks and potatoes turn soft.
- Remove and serve hot with rice.