It was a very big surpise for me today morning. As I woke up, my son was in the kitchen preparing some dishes to surprise me on Mother’s Day. He had prepared Sambar and Drumstick potato curry. So I thought of sharing the recipe of Potato Drumstick curry.
Drumstick Potato Curry
- Potato - 1 big or 2 medium sized
- Drumsticks - 2
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Tomatoes - 2 chopped finely
- Garlic - 6 cloves crushed
- Oil - 3 tsps.
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp.
- Fennel seeds or Sombu - 1 tsp.
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp.
- Jeera powder - 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp.
- Salt - as needed or 1 tsp.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add fennel seeds.
- When it becomes slight brown add chopped onions and crushed garlic and fry till the onions turn light brown.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and jeera powder.
- Fry till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Now add the chopped drumsticks and potatoes and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add a cup of water and let this cook in medium flame till the drumsticks and potatoes turn soft.
- Remove and serve hot with rice.