How many of you have the problem of making children eat what we give? I also have the problem. My son does not eat whatever I make. So I have to be innovative to feed him. So I thought of making the Mexican Taco shells at home. It is very simple to make and I am sure kids will enjoy the most.
- All purpose flour or Maida - 1 cup
- Maize flour - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp. + for deep frying
- Salt - as needed
- Warm water - 1 to 1 ½ cups
- Mix all the ingredients with warm water and 2 tablespoon of oil to a soft smooth dough.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Divide the dough into small portions and roll into 4 inch diameter discs.
- Prick with a fork in the disks.
- Deep fry the discs in oil one by one till semi crisp.
- Now take the disc and place on a kitchen towel and put the rolling pin in the centre and shape it into shells.
- Alternatively, you can use another ladle to shape into shells when you are frying in oil.
- When cooled you can store them and use whenever needed.