This is a Kerala recipe. Chammanthi is a side dish made for idly, dosa or rice. Manga chammanthi is prepared using raw mango, coconut and some more ingredients. The taste is awesome with the tanginess of raw mango. This is a very simple and easy dish.
Pacha Manga Chammanthi / Raw Mango Chutney
- Raw Mango /Pacha Manga - ½ of medium sized mango
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Small Onion - 3 or
- Big Onion - ½
- Ginger - ½ inch piece
- Green Chillies - 3
- Salt - as needed
- Cut the mangoes into small pieces and peel and cut the ginger.
- Coarsely grind all the given ingredients together in the mixie by adding little water.
- Your simple manga chammanthi is ready to be served.
- You can serve with idly, dosa or even with rice and rice kanji.