One of the best combination for poori is potato masala. The combination of poori and masala is awesome. In the hotels of Tamilnadu, this is the combination you get when you order for poori. Making potato masal is simple and easy. With the same masala you can also make masala dosai at home very easily.
|Potatoes||– 5 or 6 medium sized|
|Green chillies||– 4|
|Turmeric powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Salt||– as needed or 1 tsp.|
|Oil||– 2 tsps.|
|Mustard seeds||– 1 tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Channa dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Curry leaves||– a handful|
- Cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes and pressure cook the potatoes with water for 1 whistle.
- Remove from the pressure and cool them by changing the hot water with cold water.
- After five minutes, remove the skin from the potatoes and keep aside.
- Peel the onions and slice them into thin long pieces and chop the tomatoes finely.
- Slit the chillies lengthwise and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds splutters, add the ured dhal, channa dhal and curyy leaves and fry for a minute.
- Now add the green chillies and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced onions and fry well till raw smell goes and the onions becomes transparent.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes till it becomes mushy.
- Now add the cooked potatoes, salt, turmeric powder and 1 cup of water and boil.
- Cook till everything comes together and it becomes thick and switch off the stove.
- Serve hot with poori or you can use this make for masala dosa.