Kunukku is made with rice and lentils and fried like bonda. Actually, we use the left over Adai batter to make kunukku. Some children does not like to eat adai. If you transform the adai batter and make like this in the evening, it is a perfect snacks for kids. My mother used to make kunukku with the left over Adai batter. It is a great snacks for children as it is rich in proteins.
|Adai Batter||– 2 cups|
|Green Chillies||– 2 or 3|
|Curry Leaves||– a handful|
|Salt||– ¼ tsp. (as there will be salt already in the adai batter)|
|Rice flour||– ½ cup|
- Take the adai batter in a vessel and add the rice flour and salt and mix well.
- Chop the onions, green chillies and curry leaves finely.
- Mix all these with the adai batter well.
- Now heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil gets heated, take the kunukku batter in you hand and add little by little and fry like bonda.
- Fry till both the sides becomes golden brown in colour.
- Enjoy with evening Tea or Coffee.