As summer holidays has started, my son wanted me to make murukkus at home. As per his wish, yesterday I made soft murukkus. For making soft murukku, you have to follow the procedure given carefully.
|Rice flour||– 4 cups (heaped)|
|Roasted ured dhal||– ½ cup|
|Hot oil or butter||– 1 ladle|
|Oil||– for deep frying the murukkus|
|Salt||– 1 tsp. or as needed|
- In a vessel, take rice flour, ured flour and salt and mix well.
- Now add 1 ladle of hot oil in this and mix well.
- Split the flour into 3 or 4 parts.
- In one part add water and mix into a thick dough.
- Take a murukku achu and put the single star plate and apply oil inside.
- Now take the dough and keep inside and press the flour into a circular shape in hot oil.
- Cook till both sides are crisp. Do not keep in oil for more time. Otherwise the murukkus will burn.
- You can also use little jeera for making murukku.
- For roasted ured dhal, dry roast the ured dhal in a pan till it becomes golden brown. Then cool it and grind to a fine powder.