Spring Onions are an excellent source of vitamin K and vitamin C, and a very good source of vitamin A too. It is a low calorie food. It provides a unique taste and flavour to the dishes.Yesterday I made pulao using these spring onions. This is a very simple dish.
Spring Onion Pulao
- Basmati rice - 1 cup
- Spring onions - 10
- Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp.
- Oil - 3 tbsps.
- Garlic - 6 to 8
- Salt - as needed
- Garam masala - 1 tsp.
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp.
- Chop the white part and green part of spring onions and keep them separately.
- Finely chop the garlic pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- As the cumin seeds becomes brown, add spring onion whites and garlic and fry until brown.
- Now add rice and mix well and fry for a minute.
- Now add three cups of water, salt, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Close with the lid and keep in sim until water is absorbed and rice is cooked. This takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and garnish with the greens of spring onions.
- You can serve this pulao with Panner butter masala or any other side dish.