As today is republic day, I thought of doing some good recipe with tricolour in it. Then I thought that I will make tricolour dosa with natural ingredients. I added grated carrot for orange colour and coriander leaves for green colour and the dosa came out well.
- Dosa batter - 3 cups
- Grated carrot - 1 cup
- Coriander leaves - 1 1/2 cups
- Oil - for making the dosa
- Take 1 ½ cups of the dosa batter and add finely chopped coriander leaves and grind it in a mixer and keep aside.
- Take ½ cup of the dosa batter and grind it along with the grated carrot and keep aside.
- Keep the remaining dosa batter also ready.
- Now heat a dosa pan.
- When the pan is hot enough, take a laddle full of green dosa batter and spread like a thin dosa.
- Now, in the middle take little white dosa batter and spread the batter leaving some space at the end.
- Finally, take very little orange dosa batter and spread in the middle.
- You can also put orange batter first and then green batter in the middle and cook.
- Put a teaspoon of oil and pour in a circular motion.
- Close with a lid and cook.
- There is no need to turn over as you are closing with a lid. If you want you can turn the dosa over and cook.
- Your tricolour dosa is ready to be served.
- Serve it with chutney of your choice.