Pal Kozhukkattai is a famous Chettinadu sweet prepared from milk, coconut milk and rice flour balls. It takes little effort to do this but worth an effort. This can be done for any festival very easily. I have added sugar. if you are health conscious you can add jaggery also and make. This looks like payasam with rice dumplings.
Pal (Milk) Kozhukkattai
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Coconut milk – from ½ coconut
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp.
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Ghee – 1 tsp.
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Take water, 1 tsp. of ghee and salt in a vessel and allow it to boil.
- When the water starts boiling, switch off the stove and add the rice flour and mix vigorously so that there is no lumps.
- Close the lid and keep for 10 minutes.
- When the dough is warm, take little dough by applying ghee in hands and roll into a small ball.
- Like this make small balls using all the dough.
- Now in a pan add the milk and boil.
- When the milk boils, keep in medium flame and add few balls in the milk and do not stir.
- The balls will cook well and float on the top.
- Now add the next few balls and repeat the process till all the balls are cooked well.
- Now add sugar and cook till it mixes well.
- Add the thick coconut milk and cook for 1 minute in lower flame and switch off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder and cashew nuts fried in ghee.