This is a very simple and easy sweet recipe which can be made in 15 minutes. Here I have added brown jaggery and dry ginger power. Adding both of them makes the halwa very healthy. Adding ghee gives a very nice aroma and roasting the wheat flour makes the halwa very tasty. You can make this in New year day and start with a simple sweet.
Wheat Flour And Jaggery Halwa
- Wheat Flour ·– 1 cup
- Powdered Jaggery – ¾ cup
- Ghee – ½ cup
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp.
- Dry Ginger Powder or Chukku powder – ½ tsp.
- Water – 2 cups
- Cashew nuts broken – 10
- Add ¼ cup ghee in a pan and add wheat flour and roast till it becomes light brown and you get a nice aroma of the roasted flour.
- Remove and set aside in a plate.
- In another vessel, mix the water and jaggery powder and boil. When jiggery gets dissolved fully, remove from stove and strain it as the jaggery will have some impurities.
- Now put back the jaggery water in a pan and boil.
- When it boils, reduce the heat and slowly add the roasted wheat flour stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Now add the remaining ghee and mix well.
- Add dry ginger powder and cardamom powder along with fried cashew nuts and mix well.
- When it starts leaving the sides of the kadai, remove and transfer it to a greased bowl.