As it is winter, yesterday I was thinking of doing something special in the evening. I had long green chillies at home and thought why not make bajjis using long green chillies! My mother used to make bajji using these chillies. For making this bajji you have to remove the seeds from the green chillies and make bajji. Otherwise it will be very hot. I prepared bajji using the following ingredients and the following method. This is a very simple and tasty evening snack. You can serve hot with tomato sauce or coconut chutney.
Long Green Chilli Bajji or Milagai Bajji
- Long green chillies - ¼ Kg.
- Gram flour - ½ cup
- Rice flour - ½ cup
- Red chilly powder - ½ tsp.
- Salt - as needed or 1 tsp.
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Water - as needed or ½ cup
- Oil - for deep frying
- Clean and wash the green chillies and cut them into half in the long side.
- Remove the seeds from the inside of the green chillies. Otherwise, the bajji will become too spicy.
- Now mix all the other ingredients except oil with water so that the mixture is neither too thick nor too watery.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying the bajjis.
- Take the cut chilli pieces and and dip in the bajji batter and slide it carefully in hot oil.
- Fry them both sides till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the oil and strain the bajji in a strainer.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or coconut chutney.
- Enjoy hot bajji with hot steaming coffee or tea.