Usually, south Indians add pumpkins in sambar or kootu. I heard this recipe from one of my friends. This recipe is very easy to make and it tastes differently with rotis. Pumpkin is one of the low calorie vegetables and has many anti-oxidant vitamins like vitamin A, C and E.
Kaddu (Yellow Pumpkin) Ki Subzi
- Yellow Pumpkin - 3 cups cut into cubes
- Grated Ginger - 1 tbsp.
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Salt - 1 tsp. or as needed
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp.
- Dhania Powder - 1 tsp.
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp.
- Amchoor dry mango Powder - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 2 tsps. optional
- Green chillies - 2 to 3 slit lengthwise
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
- Clean and cut the pumpkin into 1 inch cubes.
- Heat oil and add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds change in colour, add the grated ginger and mix well.
- After half a minute, add the green chilliesand pumpkin pieces and fry well for 2 minutes.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, garam masala, Dhania powder, Chilli powder and sugar and mix well.
- Cook in medium flame for about 5 minutes.
- Add amchoor powder and mix well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Your healthy subzi is ready to be served with rotis.