Bored of doing the same old chutney again and again? You can surely try this tangy Green raw tomato chutney. The taste of this chutney is very nice and you can have a tangy, spicy chutney for your idlies, dosas and even chappathis. I learnt this recipe from my Telugu friend who makes this chutney regularly at home. This is a very wonderful chutney.
|Green tomatoes||– 4|
|Green chillies||– 2 or 3|
|Cumin seeds powder||– 1 tbsp.|
|Tamarind||– a small piece|
|Garlic cloves||– 4|
|Turmeric powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Oil||– 1 tbsp.|
For Seasoning :
|Ured dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Mustard seeds||– ½ tsp.|
|Cumin seeds||– 1 tsp.|
|Curry Leaves||– little|
|Asafoetida||– a pinch|
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and add tomatoes and green chillies.
- Cover and cook for few minutes until it becomes soft.
- Now add tamarind pulp, cumin powder, turmeric and salt.
- Let it cool down for some time.
- Grind this tomato mixture to a coarse paste.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds, ured dhal, red chillies, cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- When it splutters, add it to the chutney and mix well.
- Your tangy Green tomato chutney is ready to serve.