In my childhood days, I have seen that drumstick leaves are used in making drumstick leaves curry and drumstick leaves kootu. This recipe is new to me. The soup made by using drumstick leaves is very healthy. Drumstick Leaves is best known as an excellent source of nutrition and natural energy booster. This energy boost is not based on sugar, and so it is sustained. It helps lower blood pressure and is a sleep aid.
Drumstick Leaves (Murungai Keerai) Soup
- Drumstick leaves - ½ cup
- Big Onion - 1
- Garlic pieces - 3
- Black pepper powder - 2 pinches
- Cumin powder - 2 pinches
- Corn flour - 1 tsp.
- Grated ginger - 1 tsp.
- Grated garlic - 1 tsp.
- Salt - as needed
- Wash and clean the drumstick leaves fully.
- Cut the onions into fine pieces.
- Boil leaves along with chopped onion and grated garlic and ginger in a cup of water.
- Cook till the leaves gets cooked properly. Or you can also cook this in a pressure cooker.
- Make a thin batter by adding corn flour with quarter cup of water.
- Add this to the boiling mixture, let it become thick and add salt.
- Finally add pepper and cumin powder and turn off the stove.
- Your healthy and energetic soup.
- If you want, you can grind the cooked mixture in a mixie and heat again and drink.