When I was young, my mother used to keep stock of all types of powders at home like Paruppu podi, Thengai podi, Curry leaves podi and many more. We can take this podi add in hot rice along with Gingilly oil and have. The taste is very awesome. It comes handy, if you feel like you do not want to cook something. This is very easy to make also.
|Ured dhal||– 1/4 cup|
|Asafoetida||– ¼ tsp.|
|Red chillies||– 1 cup|
|Grated coconut||– 2 cups|
|Gingelly oil||– ½ tsp.|
|Mustard||– 1 tsp.|
- Dry roast the grated coconut in a pan until it becomes golden brown in colour.
- Roast the mustard, ured dhal, red chillies, asafoetida and gingely oil in a separate pan till they turn golden brown.
- Let everything cool down completely.
- Put them in a mixer grinder, add salt and then grind them completely to a fine powder.
- You can mix this with hot rice with little gingelly oil or coconut oil and have. You can also have this as aside for curd rice.
- Dry roast the coconut and dhal completely. Otherwise it will not stay for long.