This is a fantastic dish made of Rava, milk and sugar. This is similar to the usual kesari. The only difference is that, here we add milk instead of water. As we add milk, the taste also becomes so nice that everyone will like this Kesari. First time I tried this on my son’s Birthday and it came out very well. My son complemented saying that it tastes like paal khova.
|Rava||– 1 cup|
|Sugar||– 1 ¼ cups|
|Milk||– 2 ½ cups|
|Kesari colour||– a pinch|
|Ghee||– 1 ½ tbsp.|
|Cashew nuts, dry grapes||– 10 each|
|Cardamom powder||– ¼ tsp.|
- Roast cashew nuts and grapes 1in 2 tsp. of ghee and keep aside.
- Roast rawa in in the same ghee till golden brown and keep aside.
- Boil the measured amount of milk in a pan.
- Add the colour and rawa when it boils without forming lumps.
- When it is little thick add sugar and mix well.
- When you add sugar, the mixture will become runny and then it will start to become thick.
- Do not leave the pan. Keep on stirring. Otherwise lumps will be formed in the kesari.
- Mix till the sugar is absorbed and becomes thick and switch off the stove.
- Add ghee, fried cashew nuts and grapes and cardamom powder and mix well.
- You can see a nice aroma coming out of the kesari.
- You can serve the Milk Kesari either hot or cold.
- Always add sugar once the rava is completely cooked. otherwi
- Make the entire process in low flame.