Happy Independence Day to all. Today I made Tricolour Aval upma and surprised my family. I made the orange part with carrots, green part with ground coriander leaves and white part by adding little milk.
|Aval||– 3 cups|
|Green chillies||– 4(Cut into short pieces)|
|Big onion||– 1 (Cut into small pieces)|
|Carrot||– 1 (grated fiely)|
|Coriander leaves||–a handful|
|Water||– to soak poha|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Oil||– 2 tsp.|
|Mustard||– 1 tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Gram dhal||– 1 tsp.|
- Grind carrot in a mixer and grind coriander leaves and keep both aside.
- In a pan, take oil and season with mustard, ured and gram dhal.
- Now add green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add onions and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Now take two thirds of the fried onions and keep aside.
- Add little milk in the remaining onions in the pan.
- Wash 1 cup of aval and add this into the pan along with little salt.
- Cook well by closing the lid and stirring in between.
- Switch off the stove.
- In another pan, take half of the fried onions kept aside and add ground carrots.
- Add little water and add 1 cup of cleaned water with little salt.
- Cook with a lid closed till it cooks well.
- Now the orange part is ready.
- In another pan heat the remaining onions and add ground coriander and add poha and salt after cleaning.
- Keep closed in a low flame till it gets cooked.
- Now arrange them in a plate and serve.
- I am sure everyone will enjoy this.