Vangi Bhath is a Karnataka special recipe. To make vangi bhath, we need quality Vangi Bhath powder. You can even make Bisi Bele Bhath. This is a simple powder and can be stored and kept for 2 months.
|Dried Red Chillies||25 to 30|
|Channa dhal||¼ cup|
|Coriander seeds||¼ cup|
|Ured Dhal||¼ cup|
|Cinnamon sticks||4 to 5|
|Cloves||12 to 13|
|Dry coconut pieces (kopra)||¼ cup|
- Fry red chillies and channa dhal for two minutes in a kadai without oil.
- Add coriander seeds urad dhal, cinnamon sticks and cloves and fry till the dhal turns golden brown.
- Keep aside these fried ingredients.
- Fry the dry coconut pieces for 2 minutes in medium flame.
- When cooled, first gring coconut pieces and cinnamon sticks.
- Then add the remaining fried ingredients and grind well.
- Your Vangi Bhath Powder is ready.