A creeper from the family of gourds, the snake gourd, is packed with myriad nutritional benefits.The nutritive value of snake gourd is unbeatable compared to other vegetables. The gourd comprises of protein, fat, carbohydrate and soluble fiber. Its mineral and vitamin content are calcium, phosphorus, riboflavin, thiamin, niacin and carotene. Due to its high water and low calorie content, the gourd is treated as an excellent remedy for diabetes.
|Snake gourd||– ½ kg.|
|Big onion||– 1|
|Chilli powder||– 2 tsps.|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Oil||– 1 tsp.|
|Mustard||– 1 tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– 1 tsp.|
- Cut onions and snake gourd finely.
- In a pan splutter mustard and ured in oil.
- Add onions and fry till transparent.
- Add gourd fry well with salt and chilli powder.
- Whenit is well cooked, switch off the stove and serve as a curry with rice.