Paneer bhurji is a popular north Indian breakfast recipe made from crumbled paneer. This is a simple and easy recipe. I wanted to try this for a long time. Today I made it for my son’s lunchbox. With onions, tomatoes and with spices this dish tastes great. This dish can be had with Rotis, Parathas and even bread.
Paneer / Cottage Cheese Bhurji
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese - 200 g. crumbled
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Tomatoes - 2 finely chopped
- Green chillies - 1 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp.
- Red chilly powder - ½ tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder - ¼ tsp.
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp.
- Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - as needed
- Coriander leaves - few for garnishing
- Crumble the paneer with hands and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When they become brown, add onions and sauté.
- When the onions become translucent, add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chilies and sauté till the raw smell of the ginger-garlic goes away.
- Now add tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
- Then add turmeric, red chili powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Now add the crumbled paneer and let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves to paneer bhurji.
- Paneer bhurji is ready to serve.
You can also use Tofu instead of paneer.