Curry leaves, known as kariveppilai in tamil and kadi patta in hindi, is added to almost every dish to enhance its taste and flavour. However, most of us just throw it away without eating. Packed with carbohydrates, fiber, calcium, phosphorous, irons and vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E, curry leaves help your heart function better, fights infections and can enliven your hair and skin with vitality.
Curry leaves chutney is a versatile chutney. You can serve this with idly, dosa and even with rice.
|Curry leaves||– 1 cup|
|Ured dhal||– 1 tbsp.|
|Grated coconut||– ½ cup|
|Green chillies||– 4 to 5|
|Tamarind||– a small piece|
|Turmeric Powder||– ¼ tsp|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Water||– for grinding the chutney|
|Oil||– 2 tsp.|
|Mustard||– 1 tsp.|
- Roast urad dal in ½ tsp. of oil until golden brown.
- Add asafoetida and fry green chillies for a minute.
- Add curry leaves and fry for 3 minutes.
- Grind ured dhal, turmeric, asafoetida, coconut, tamarind along with salt and water until smooth and nice.
- In a pan heat oil and splutter mustard and pour over the chutney and mix well.