Tomato rice is a south indian rice recipe and I like it as I like tomatoes a lot. It can be made quickly and easily. The tangy taste of tomato makes the rice taste good.
|Raw rice||– 1 cup|
|Green chiilies||– 5|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Coriander leaves||– few|
|Turmeric powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Oil||– 1 tbsp.|
|Fennel seeds||– ½ tsp.|
|Mustard||– 1 tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– ½ tsp.|
|Channa dhal||– ½ tsp.|
- Soak rice for ½ an hour and cook the rice and cool it in a plate by adding 1 tsp. of oil to separate them.
- Cut onions, tomatoes and garlic finely.
- In a pan, add oil and heat.
- Add mustard seeds and when it splutters, add ured dhal, channa dhal and fennel seeds and fry for half a minute.
- Now add onions and garlic and fry till onions change its colour.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder and salt and fry till tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add cooked and cooled rice and mix well.
- Add Coriander leaves and mix well and switch off the stove.
- Your tomato rice is ready to serve.