Karamani is a type of beans which is long. It is rich in vitamin A and C. It is cholesterol free, low in fat and sodium, an excellent source for iron, fiber, vitamin B1, folate, copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, potassium, and zinc, and a good source of calcium, vitamins B2 and B6, and selenium. It is a simple recipe which is cooked in most of the Tamilnadu household.
|Karamani||– ¼ kg.|
|Grated coconut||– ¼ cup (optional)|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Oil||– 1 tsp.|
|Mustard||– ½ tsp.|
|Ured round||– ½ tsp.|
|Red chilly||– 1|
|Water||– 1 cup|
- Clean and wash karamani and cut the edges and cut into fine pieces.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard.
- When it splutters, add ured dhal and red chilly split into two and sauté for a second.
- Now add water, karamani and salt and cook till water is fully absorbed.
- Switch off the stove and add grated coconut.
- You can serve this with rice.