Cheese is all time favorite of children. Whenever I put cheese in a dish my son finishes that dish fast. I always wanted to try a dish with cheese which looks like cutlet. So I tried these ones and it came out very well. You can even make the balls and keep them in fridge and deep fry whenever needed. You can also make this for parties.
|Potatoes||– 2 medium|
|Green Peas||– ¼ cup|
|Sweetcorn||– ¼ cup|
|Bell peppers||– ¼ cup|
|Cheddar cheese||– ½ cup|
|Salt||– as required|
|Red chilli powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Black pepper powder||– ½ tsp.|
|All purpose flour / Maida||– 3 tbsp.|
|Corn flour||– 3 tbsp.|
|Breadcrumbs||– 1 cup|
|Oil||– for frying|
- Mash the potatoes, grate the cheese and carrot, mash the boiled corn and peas and finely chop the bell peppers.
- In a bowl , mix the vegetables and cheese with 2 tbsp of corn flour. Do not add any water.
- Now add the chilli powder, salt and pepper and mix well to form a nice dough.
- The dough will be slightly sticky due to the cheese. Rub oil in hands and make a nice dough.
- Make equal sized balls from the dough.
- The balls may be stickier when rolling. Wash and wipe and dry your hands in between and rub oil and roll them smoothly.
- After rolling all the balls, coat them in a tbsp of maida and spread on a plate. This dries the sticky balls.
- Now make a batter with 2 tbsp of flour and 1 tbsp of corn flour with little salt.
- Spread the breadcrumbs on plate and keep ready.
- Take the flour coated ball and dip it in the batter (using a spoon) and then roll it in bread crumbs. Coat the balls well in breadcrumbs and keep aside. Repeat this for all the balls.
- Now heat a pan and add enough oil for deep frying. Fry the balls till golden.
- It doesn’t take much time, and as the filling is already cooked just 3 – 4 minutes of cooking is enough.
- Your vegetable cheese balls is ready to serve.