Coconut milk is rich creamy liquid prepared from coconut. In order to make coconut milk you will take the coconut and grate the flesh, and keep it in hot water and squeezing the milk out through a filter or cloth. Fresh coconut with thick, creamy flesh will create a higher quality milk than older coconuts that have dry flesh. We also get coconut milk readily available in stores. Coconut milk can improve the health of the digestive system and promote digestion. It can relieve the symptoms of stomach ulcers and acid reflux disease as well. This is a simple and easy recipe made from coconut milk.
|Basmati Rice||– 1 cup|
|Coconut Milk||– 1½ cups|
|Green Chillies||– 2|
|Garlic||– 4 flakes|
|Cinnamon stick||– 1|
|Cardamom powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Mint leaves||– 1 handful|
|Ghee||– 1 tbsp.|
|Salt||– as needed or 1 tsp.|
|Cashew nuts||– 10|
- Soak basmati rice in half cup of water.
- Heat ghee in a pressure pan and fry cashew nuts till golden and keep aside.
- In the same ghee, add cinnamon and cloves and fry for a minute.
- Now add cardamom powder, green chillies, mint leaves, garlic and onion and fry well till raw smell goes.
- Now add coconut milk and half cup of water and add salt.
- When it boils add rice and mix well.
- Close the lid and keep the weight.
- When one whistle comes switch off the stove.
- Remove the lid and add fried cashew nuts and mix well.
- Coconut milk rice is ready to serve.