We can male lot of recipes using Rava or sooji. One such recipe is Rava Payasam. Rava Payasam is one of the easiest payasam which can be made quickly and it tastes delicious. On any occasion we can make this very fast. This Sunday I made rava payasam at home. I am posting the method of making rava payasam here.
|Rava||– ½ cup|
|Water||– ¾ to 1 cup|
|Milk||– 2 ½ cups|
|Sugar||– ¾ cup or according to taste|
|Broken cashew nuts||– 10|
|Raisins or dry grapes||– 10|
|Cardamom powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Ghee||– 1 tbsp.|
- Boil the milk and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed vessel, fry the cashew nuts till golden and transfer it to a plate and keep aside .
- Now add the raisins and when it to puffs up, transfer the raisins to a plate and keep aside.
- In the same pan add the rava and roast it for about 2-3 minutes in low flame or until you get nice aroma and it becomes golden in colour.
- Now slowly add the warm water by continuously stirring the rava in low flame. Stir well so that it does not form any lumps.
- Add the sugar and stir it in until dissolved. When you add sugar, it will beome little watery and then become thick.
- Now add the boiled milk and cook for another 10 minutes in low flame stirring in between to avoid it from getting burnt.
- Now add fried cashew nuts, raisins and cardamom powder.
- Tasty rava payasam is ready to serve.
- It tastes best when you serve chilled.