Keerai or greens rice is a healthy rice recipe. It is easy to make and a simple dish. It is loaded with lots of nutrition. This can be made quickly and packed. Keerai rice tastes good. So those who do not like the taste of keerai will also like this recipe. In this recipe, you can use any type of keerai you get.
|Rice||– 1 cup|
|Any available greens / keerai||– 1 big bunch|
|Garlic flakes||– 4|
|Green Chillies||– 2|
|Sambar Powder||– 2 tsp.|
|Turmeric powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Oil||– 1 tbsp.|
|Mustard||– ½ tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Salt||– 1 tsp. or as per taste|
|Peanut||– 1 tbsp. (optional)|
|Cashew nuts||– 1 tbsp. (optional)|
- Cook the rice till soft.
- Wash greens (keerai) and chop it finely.
- Chop the onion finely. Slit the green chillies into two.
- Chop the tomatoes finely.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- In a pan, put the oil and when it is hot add mustard.
- When it splutters, add ured dhal, peanut, cashew nut and fry till it turns light brown.
- Add chopped onion, green chillies, garlic and fry well.
- Then add tomato pieces and fry till it turns mushy.
- Add sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Add chopped greens and stir well.
- Reduce the heat and stir now and then. There is no need to add water. The greens will get cooked in its own water content.
- Stir fry till all the water content in the Keerai is absorbed.
- Now add the cooked rice and mix well and switch off the stove.
- You can serve this keerai rice with potato chips.