Gobi or cauliflower Manchurian is a popular Indo Chinese dish. This is a delicious appetizer or main dish. My son likes this very much. It consists of fried gobi (cauliflower) simmered in a flavorful gravy made with soy sauce and red chili sauce.I made it one day and gave it to him as a surprise. He enjoyed a lot having this.
|Cauliflower||– 1 medium|
|Oil||– 2 tbsp.|
|Ginger paste||– 1 tbsp.|
|Green chili||– 1 (optional) (finely chopped)|
|Coriander leaves||– finely chopped|
|Red chili sauce||– 1 tbsp.|
|Soy sauce||– 2 tbsp.|
|Vinegar||– 1 tbsp.|
|Tomato paste||– 2 tsp.|
|Sugar||– ½ tsp.|
|Corn flour||– 2 tsp.|
|Water||– ½ cup|
|All-purpose flour||– 1/3 cup|
|Corn flour||– 3 tbsp.|
|Salt||– ½ tsp.|
|Red chilli powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Water||– ½ cup|
- To make the batter mix all-purpose flour, corn flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the water slowly to make a smooth batter. The batter should be consistency of pancake batter or dosa batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame. Oil should be moderately not be too hot.
- Dip the cauliflower into the batter one at a time, making sure it is completely covered by the batter. Then drop the cauliflowers slowly into the frying pan. (do not overlap them)
- Fry for four to five minutes in small batches turning occasionally, until they become golden brown. Take them out and keep in a paper towel.
- Repeat this process for the remaining cauliflowers and set aside.
- For the sauce, mix the corn flour with water and keep.
- Heat the oil in sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add ginger, coriander leaves and green chili stir for about two minute.
- Add chili sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato paste and sugar.
- Stir for 2 minutes add corn flour mixed in water and cook for another two minutes. Sauce should be thick, consistency of a dosa or pancake batter.
- Now add the fried cauliflower/ gobies into gravy and mix well and switch off the stove.
- Serve hot.