During Diwali festival, we make lots of bakshanams or snacks in our home. Yesterday, I made Ribbon pakoda and it came out very well. All of us in our house like ribbon pakoda. It is also easy to make.
|Rice flour||– 1 cup|
|Gram flour||– 2 Cups|
|Red chilly powder||– 3 tsps.|
|Baking soda||– a pinch (optional)|
|Ghee / butter||– 1 tbsp.|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Oil||– to fry|
- Mix rice flour, gram flour, chilly powder, salt, baking soda and mix well.
- Add hot ghee or butter in room temperature and mix well.
- Then add water and mix well and make a thick batter.
- Put it in the ribbon pakoda maker and fry in hot oil.
- Turn it once or twice when it is in the oil.
- Remove it from the oil when it becomes golden brown.
- When cooled, keep in an airtight container.
- The ribbon pakodas will be very crispy and you can keep this for many days.