Yesterday I was thinking what sundal to do for Saraswathi pooja. Then I saw that there is a packet of dry peas. I soaked it yesterday and today morning I made pattani sundal.
|Pattani or dry green peas||– 2 cups|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Oil||– 2 tsps.|
|Mustard||– 1 tsp.|
|Red chillies||– 2 or 3|
|Curry leaves||– few|
- Soak peas in enough water for 8 hours.
- Pressure cook the peas with just enough water by adding salt to it.
- In a pan, heat oil and temper with mustard, curry leaves and red chillies.
- Add the cooked peas and cook till the water gets absorbed and it becomes dry.
- Your sundal is ready to serve.
- You can add fine coconut and mango pieces to this.
- It will taste like Chennai’s beach sundal.